- The opening of Nakamura Gakuen Girls’ High school
The first entrance ceremony was held
Haru Nakamura was appointed as the first principal
Enactment of school banner, school symbol and school uniform
- Enactment of school song
The first graduation ceremony was held
- Suematsu Yoshikazu was appointed as the second principal
- Mikasanomiya and Her Imperial Highness Princess Mikasa planted the pine tree in high school
The 10th anniversary ceremony was held
- Constructed a monument in honor of Haru Nakamura
- Tokuichi Ueno was appointed as the third principal
- Toshihiko Oyama was appointed as the fourth principal
- The 30th anniversary ceremony was held
- Opening of Nakamura Gakuen Junior high school, and the first entrance ceremony was held.
Kunio Shinohara was appointed as the fifth principal
- The first graduation ceremony of junior high school was hel
- Toshihiko Oyama was appointed as the fifth
- The 40th anniversary ceremony and reception were held
- Kenji Yoshitake was appointed as the seventh principal
- The 10th anniversary ceremony of junior high school was held
- His Imperial Highness Prince Tomohito delivers a commemorative lecture and plants a commemorative tree.
- Kaoru Sumi was appointed as the eighth principal
Completion of the new school building
The 50th anniversary ceremony and the reception for celebrating the completion of the new school building were held
- The 20th anniversary ceremony of junior high school was held
- Kazunori Adachi was appointed as the ninth principal
- The designation for “2014 Super Shokuiku School(SSS)” supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. (High school and Junior high school)
- The designation for “2015 Super Shokuiku School(SSS)” supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. (High school and Junior high school)
The designation for “Super Global High school(SGH)” supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. (High school )
Yukiko Okui was appointed10th principal
- The designation for “World- Wide Leaning (WWL)” supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. (High school )
The 60th anniversary commemorative speech was held.
Message from the principal
In 1960, Nakamura Gakuen Girls’ High school was established based on the educational practice by Haru Nakamura, the founder of Nakamura Gakuen. Still now, we preserve the educational principle of “Integrity, Gratitude and Effort” as the school motto.
In 2010, we celebrated the 50th anniversary and the new modern looking school building was completed, with the concept of “Environmentally friendly and bright school building,” a campus suitable for Haru Sensei’s philosophy of education. Students are enjoying their school life in the new building full of nature and sunlight.
Our school has been designated as “Super Global High school(SGH)” supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in 2015. To practice and develop the education, we implemented the tablet device early which lead to the success in dealing with the online lesson. We will continue to use ICT to improve the quality and quantity of learning.
Also, from 2020, we were designated as the base school for “World- Wide Leaning (WWL)”. At the same year,GI (Global Innovator) class was established to foster the innovative global human resources. With a focus on GI class, we are trying to foster the person who can inquiry and deepen the understanding and finding the solution to various issues with global vison in cooperate with partner schools, companies and international organizations.
As we are in the era of VUCA, for fostering independent ladies that the time requires, we will continue to make effort to develop enriched education with the tradition of school principle.
Nakamura Gakuen Girl’s Senior High School
Principal Atsushi Ishimaru
Super special advanced V course
National universities having their higher hurdles more than Kyusyu University.
Special advanced V course
National and public universities, private universities having their high hurdles in Kanto and Kansai area.
General advanced course
・GI(Global Innovator) class
To foster the students having the international view point and inquisitive mind
General advanced class
Local universities, junior colleges and technical schools
Schedule for the year
- Opening ceremony of 1st term
GI start-up seminar
- Midterm exams of the 1st term
Founding commemoration ceremony
- Term-end exam of the 1st term
Student council assembly
- Sports festival
Closing ceremony of the 1st term
Extra curricular lesson
- Extra curricular lesson
Opening ceremony of the 2nd term
- Global Campus (1st grade students)
Student council election
- Midterm exams of the 2nd term
Art viewings (drama, music, Japanese traditional arts)
School trip (2nd grade students)
GI school trip (2nd grade of GI class)
A regular concert by the Brass Band
- Graduation exam (3rd grade students)
Term-end exam of 2nd term(1st and 2nd grade of students)
- Farewell ceremony for the 3rd grade students
Closing ceremony of the 2nd term
Parent-teacher-student meeting (1st and 2nd grade students)
Extra curricular lesson
- Extra curricular lesson(3rd grade students)
Opening ceremony of 3rd term
Proficiency test(2nd grade students)
- Final year exam (1st and 2nd grade of students)
- Graduation ceremony
WWL achievement report meeting
Closing ceremony of 3rd term
Extra curricular lesson
How to Access
TEL: 092-831-0981 ／ FAX: 092-831-0985
- It’s a eight-minute walk from Befu station at 1st exit (Nanakuma Line)
- It’s a fifteen-minute walk from Nishijin station at 4th exit (Kuko Line)
- Please see the website for more details.
URL : Fukuoka city subway（福岡市営地下鉄）